Star Wars Unleashed - Chat
One of the most common way of communication in the Star Wars Unleashed, is chatting on our 24 / 7
online IRC (Internet Relay Chat) Server. SWU Members from all over the world, are to be found in the chat at all hours
of the day, and it is here you really can get to know your fellow members better. So join in on IRC now, and chat
with other Star Wars Unleashed Members. Details on how to get to our server is listed below.
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS!
If you do not have a copy of mIRC, please feel free to download a copy for yourself by clicking Here.
By clicking the following link, you will be auto-connected to the SWU IRC chat server if you have mIRC already installed. Click here to connect
At this time we have a chatroom for all members of Star Wars Unleashed. The address is provided below.
IRC Server : irc.sb254.com
IRC Server Port : 6667
Chat Room : #SWU
If you have any problems trying to access the chat room, please feel free to post your problems on the SWU Forums as to how to access our chat room. Please come in and talk with the other members of our group and those who represent the various other factions and minor groups of SWU.
Chat Room Policy
Things that may result in a person being kicked and/or banned from the chatroom include, but are not limited to:
- Flooding (i.e. ctcps, pings, multi-line messages, etc)
- Nuking/Hacking (Offenders will be PERMANENTLY banned)
- Clones (No more than 2 connections per user@host)
- Racist remarks.
- Excessive profanity.
- Sexual harassment.
- Religious / Nationality persecution.
- Remarks that serve no purpose other than to antagonize another person.
- Bigoted remarks.
- Soliciting or advertising (i.e. Mass invites/msgs/notices).
- Posting personal information without the express permission of the subject.
- Posting profane remarks about the sim, its leadership, and/or its members.
- Posts that contain sexually explicit language.
- Posts that test the limits of what is not offensive.
- Any other post that shall be deemed offensive.
- All of the above items also pertain to any e-mails sent to the channel Ops.
- Channel Ops and Half-Ops will lose their privileges if they abuse their status.
Note that we do not actively seek to kick/ban people from our channel. However, if we receive complaints or monitor the above types of activity, we are within our rights to warn/kick/ban a person or group of people at that time.
We reserve the right to deny access to anyone or remove anyone that has violated our rules. Users are responsible for their own actions and if anyone has a complaint about how the #SWU channel is managed, feel free to send an e-mail to Artemis Sylle. If a complaint is being filed against one of our members a log of the event in question which caused the complaint must be provided.
Channel Operators are those who are tasked with enforcing the rules of the chat room, these members are :
- Jeren - Simmaster, Jonathan Daniels
- Marcello - IC Admin, Marcello Matteo
- SymGenie - Rules Admin, SymGenie
If you have a problem in the chat room, please feel free to contact any of them about it.